Sunday, July 20, 2014

Mine is the Night by Liz Curtis Higgs

Mine is the Night
Liz Curtis Higgs has once again created an inspirational story in her newest book Mine Is the Night. Following the of Elisabeth and Marjory,

Mine is the Night is the continued story of Elisabeth and Marjory. Although, it's based on the story of Ruth, it is a fresh approach to the well loved romance story. Set in 18th century Scotland, our story starts off with Marjory's return to her home town. Things are a lot different now and both Elisabeth and Marjory must rely of God and each other to survive.
Even though I had not read the first book in the series, Here Burns my Candle, I was able read the Here Burns my Candle. without any problem. I found myself interested in what happened but it was not a can't put down read.I really like how Liz Higgs took the story of Ruth and created a story that gave us a new twist on the Ruth Story. It also expands the story and gives you more background to the day and life of Ruth and her family. I'm a history person and I loved learning about Scotland'sl and the people in it. I would recommend this book to my friends.
I received this book from Waterbrook Multnomah to do a review.  

No comments:

Post a Comment