Friday, August 1, 2014

Reading is the BEST

The best part about reading is being able to travel anywhere and do anything without leaving the comfort of your own home. Through books, I have traveled to India, Columbia, East Coast, Russia..... just to name a few. I have visited a silk plantation in india, traveled west on a covered wagon, and dealt with drug lords in Columbia...

I wish I had a list of every book I have ever read. When I was little, I used to go to library's and check out books. Not just 1 or 2 but 10-15...or more. I'd go to bookstores and buy books and read and reread them. 
Books are a very important part of my life and the authors who wrote them. some people write movie stars, I wrote authors... and they wrote back. It was pretty awesome. I don't know if I can explain how much it meant to me to get a letter back from an author. This was back before email, facebook, and the internet....To receive a letter written on paper in the mail was the most exciting thing ever. It took time and effort to write and mail a letter. I hope that someday I can brighten a young person's life the same way these authors brightened mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment